Sunday, April 26, 2015

Caution: get ready for a picture overload. I had quite the eventful weekend. But what else is new? First, I'm going to start off by saying that I was literally blessed with the most thoughtful and caring friends to ever walk the face of the planet.

On Friday I went down to the Riparian Reserve and took pictures with my homegirls Reagan & Hannah. 





^^ I look super fierce in this one. Like I just killed a man or something





^^ The highlight of my day was running into Shaelyn Hatch!!! She was there taking pictures because she was going to Queen Creek prom. I am very convinced that she's a goddess. 

Yesterday I went with Lauren to get her makeup done and waited while she got her hair done for prom. About a month ago, we went to the MAC store because she needed new foundation and we met this employee named Britney who kinda fell in love with us so Lauren promised she would let her do her makeup for prom. She did a stellar job on her, like honestly I don't think anyone could of done better! It was something to see though, because I'm pretty sure Britney is a feminist so she's all about girl power and stuff so she kept telling me that I should go to Mountain View prom all by myself. I'm like, that's a wonderful thought, but I don't even go there and there's no way in heck I would ever go dateless.
Anyway, before Lauren got her hair done, we went to Jamba Juice. I was casually just sitting there looking out the window when I saw her date totally walk by. I mean like, what are the odds? So I ran out there and was like Jacob! And then he came inside. It was golden. I was laughing so hard.

So here she is in all her glory. I'm a little bit biased but she had to be the prettiest one there! I absolutely adored her dress. It just popped. Jacob was one lucky man last night! They looked like a model couple, though. I'm so glad I got to send her off to prom!

Last night my brother totally proposed to his girlfriend in Las Vegas. Yesterday marked their one year since they started dating so I thought that was the cutest thing ever. But it was so out of the blue because I honestly know it was coming. Guess how I found out? Without a picture or going on Instagram or anything, she texts me and says "I said yes :)
I was so confused at first. I'm like said yes to what??? But then later I found out that he popped the question. 
I'm pretty sure I love his girlfriend Brandy (technically his fiancee now ) even more than he does. She's a real life Disney princess, like I'm not even kidding. She has a stable job and she's super mature and everything, but she's also like a innocent little girl in some ways. That's not even a bad thing, either. She is so crafty and organized and she monograms EVERYTHING. She's also the most festive person I've ever met. You should see her on holidays. Like wow, that girl does a great job of dressing up. And she's also so soft and thoughtful. I just love her and can't wait to have a new family. We literally adore her. It's also kind of weird to think that another one of my brothers is getting married. Like, where does the time go? I swear just yesterday I was three and he broke my arm by pushing me off my parents bed. Yes. That really happened. 


I can't stress enough about how eternally grateful I am for such awesome friends, like my wardies! ^^

"Softness is not weakness. It takes courage to stay delicate in a world this cruel." 
-Beau Taplin 

So to sum this up, something kind of rough happened to me today. Let's just say someone sent me a very unnecessary text but I think I did a good job of just brushing it off. But people have been texting me and tweeting me the nicest things ever. I am the most blessed person alive. Some girls even took the time to make me cookies and drop them off at my doorstep with a little note. I am so thankful that I have such loving and loyal friends. And in all honesty, I have tried my hardest to just forgive the person who sent it because I think it just goes to show how they are just feeling bad about themselves, so there's no point in just making life worse for them. So as hard as it was to just stay calm about it, I actually have compassion for them now. 

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment