Monday, May 4, 2015

Guess who got asked to Mormon Prom last week? 
This girl.
I'm in a little bit of a dilemma right now because the painter got paint on the dress I'm supposed to wear. So please pray for me. 
On Friday I went to Golfland with my fave girl Brooke and four other couples. So basically, she was my date. Who needs boys when you've got Brooke, am I right?


I'm going to have a permanent grin on my face for the next couple months because my cousin Ashlyn came home from Utah for the summer. It absolutely blows my mind because I feel like just yesterday I was attending her high school graduation. Anyway, she came back yesterday and she came with Lauren Peterson and I to answer our dates back. Funny thing is, we actually hung out at Lauren's dates' house, Connor. I'm pretty convinced that his did is a billionaire because his house is the size of Canada. 


Back in January when I taped a list of things I needed to let go off onto a balloon and released it, I actually attached this quote/poem to it as well. Since then, it's made a profound impact on my every day life:

"If there's empty spaces in your heart, 
They'll make you think it's wrong.
Like having empty spaces,
Means you can never be strong.
But I've learnt that all these spaces, 
Means there's room enough to grow,
And the people that once filled them,
Were always meant to be let go.
And all these empty spaces,
Create a strange sort of pull,
That attract so many people, 
You wouldn't meet if they were full.
So if you're made of empty spaces, 
Don't ever think it's wrong,
Because maybe they're just empty,
Until the right person comes along."
-Ernest Hemingway

Just like that old saying... When one door closes, two more open. 
When one person leaves, two more enter. I encourage you to think about all the wonderful things that have transpired because the ending of something. Maybe there's somewhere you were supposed to go, someone you were supposed to meet instead, or something you were supposed to do. 

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment