Monday, April 13, 2015

I'm almost at 2000 page views, so that's pretty cool right? Well last week was bumpin'. So many crazy things happened, like I don't even know where to start. I went to the Diamondbacks Game, except I pretty much just walked around the stadium the whole time because baseball just isn't really my thing. But the games are pretty tight, though! On the not so bright side: the tips of my hair turned orange and I got a cactus stuck in my leg. 
I went to the salon three times last week. Yes, you read that correctly. Three times. She didn't do it how I wanted the first time so I went back. I asked for ombre, but instead of blonde tips, I got orange ones. I didn't even notice at first because I left with wet hair. And then there it was. I put toner in it twice and then went in again the next day (Friday) because it was an emergency. I didn't even go to school that day. But she worked her magic and my hair crisis is finally over with. 
And then that night, my good pals Jacob and Jaden asked if I wanted to go on a night hike with them. So I'm thinking, what's the worst that could happen, right? 
Well sure enough, we ended up getting lost because we went off the trail. And then one of those jumping cacti totally pounced on my leg and it didn't really hurt that bad at first because I was kind of in shock. But even when it hit me, I didn't even cry. I was proud of myself. I didn't want to pull it out right then and there so Jaden took one for the team and totally carried me down the rest of the mountain because it hurt to just function. He's honestly such a sweetheart. When we got down there, I made sure we took a picture first before we did anything: 



They offered to just rip it out for me, but I thought it would be better if I just took each prickle out one by one on my own. So I put on my game face and did it. It was quite the night. 
(also: Jaden keeps on winning because he surprised me with a teddy bear that he brought back for me from his trip to London. Take notes, boys.) 

I was super blessed because I got to wake up at 3 in the morning the next day because I was leaving for my little weekend getaway to the golden state. Karigan, Sam, Lauren, and I slept most of the way there but we headed straight to Knottsberry Farm right when we got there.


fish eye lenses are dope



Before leaving the next day, we spent a few hours just hangin' around Newport Beach, which personally I think is the best beach in the west. I go there every time.



Before leaving, we made sure to make a quick stop at Jack's Surfboard Shop. They gave us all free snapbacks so that was a plus.



Until next time, Cali!

So that's what I did instead of going to Highland Prom. It wasn't ideal at first, but I made the best of it, and it ended up being one of the best weekends ever. Everyone looked stellar at prom, but a little road trip to California is good for the soul. I'm glad I went! 

"Happiness is not a checklist. A dream job, a fast car, a good home, even love, mean nothing at all if you have not yet found a way to feel full and content in your own mind and heart." -Beau Taplin

I feel like in high school, a lot of us get way too caught up in worrying about finding our 'other half' and starting our future lives and stuff. Well first of all, I'd like to think that I'm too full of my own ideas and dreams to ever have the need to search for my other half. The point is, you're in charge of finding your own happiness. Everything else comes after. You can't depend on anything or anyone else to fill it up it for you. It's one of those things you have to do on your own.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment