Sunday, April 5, 2015

Today was like a double-whammy. Not only was it Easter Sunday, but it was also General Conference. If any of you are severely confused about what LDS conference is, let me briefly explain. Presiding leaders from our church all meet together and are chosen to speak about specific things that our creator believes would benefit members/non members at this specific time on Earth. I know right? That was a mouthful. Anyway, my favorite part was scrolling through my Twitter timeline and reading all the positive quotes/messages about conference. I wish it could be like that all the time. It was literally so peaceful. Anyway, after a long day, my moms' side of the family gathered together to visit her siblings graves. It's one of my favorite traditions.  




The two pictures below are exactly a year apart. The one above being the most recent and the one before being last years', of course. That was when I had braces so I don't think my face really lived up to it's full potential yet. Thank you puberty. 

(funny story: the day I got my braces on back when I was a freshman, I actually had no clue it was coming. Like I'm for real. My mom put me in the car that morning when I was supposed to be going to school and just drove me the orthodontist and said I was getting braces. Every one I tell that story to thinks it's downright hilarious but I still think it was just plain cruel. She told me she kept it a secret because otherwise, I wouldn't of gone with her that day. But it was actually one of the best things to ever happen to me AGAIN, so shout out to you, mom.) 

Okay anyway, back to what I was saying. When I look at that first picture, it makes me feel two things: majorly nostalgic and super weird. Because when I think back to that time in my life, it's insane because it feels like I was a whole different person living in a whole different world. And back then, I was completely innocent and unaware to all of the things I had coming. Sorry, I'll step off from my soap box now, but it's crazy how things change. 2014 feels just like yesterday. 

Our annual get together didn't stop at the grave site, though. We always go to Handlebar J's in Scottsdale, which is this really neat restaurant with a western atmosphere. Yes, we broke the sabbath. Sue me. But it's seriously bumpin' there. They have a live band and a place where you can swing dance. It's pretty legit. 




I've been asked by several people if the guy in those pictures is my new boyfriend. He's my very mature looking LITTLE brother, so thank you very much. 

"There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be." The Beatles, All You Need Is Love 

Hey here's an idea. Stop and look at what's going on around you. Because I'm 100% sure that everything in your past has led you to what's happening in your current life. So take what you have learned and use to make you a better person. 

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment