Tuesday, June 16, 2015


Perks of being my friend: some days my spontaneous streak is so bold that I decide what the heck, I'm going to go paint some pottery on this fine Monday afternoon. So that's exactly what I did. One thing about me, is when I set my mind to something, I usually get it done. 
So me, Irene, and Ashlee got our Pablo Picasso on and went to As You Wish. That place is filled with childhood memories. I have about a dozen past finds from there just laying around my room. But I decided to paint a peace sign and a sunflower this time. (not pictured: the peace sign)
My dad calls me a 'flower child' sometimes plus a really close friend of mine calls me a sunflower so it works right? 

Okay so what I'm about to tell you next literally as absolutely nothing to do with any of my previous statements but I thought it was pretty cool so listen up. 
Apparently, pineapples are a symbol for hospitality. 
And like, in the olden days, people would put out a pineapple when friends would come into their house to visit. And when you wanted them to leave, all you had to do was take the pineapple away and then your friends would get the settle hint that it was time for them to go. 
So now you know. 

"I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity and her flaming self respect. And it's these things I'd believe in, even if the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that she wasn't all she should be. 
I love her and that is the beginning of everything."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

There's a lot of qualities I think people don't value as much these days. The quote lists three very important ones:
courage, sincerity (being genuine), and self respect. 
F. Scott Fitzgerald was a wise gentleman (one of my favorite authors actually) and even though this was written way before our time, I think it still very much applies to today. 

Laters babyyyyyy 

No comments:

Post a Comment